4.21.2010

How about giving ties for Mother's Day?

This week I got three different sewing jobs in just a few days --
sewing on Brownie patches, embroidering the name
on a culinary student's chef whites and
making scarves from a late father's neckties.
Good to be busy!


From the dozen or so neckties I was given,
these three combinations are by far my favorites.
I will share the results when I am done
but for now here are other double necktie scarves
that I just listed in my Etsy shop.
Maybe a gift for Mother's Day instead of for Dad?








2 comments:

Catherine Pendleton said...

Lovely...What a great idea! Now I wish my mom still had my dad's ties (or at least a few of them...he had quite a lot). I would have loved to have had a scarf or two made from some of them.

tractorgirl said...

st idea I have seen for old ties yet... I always love the fabrics they are made from, but could never figure out what to do with them. I hope you make a killing with them! :)